Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Homemade Dumplings

I think homemade dumplings are super delicious and I had such an urge to make them the other day. Although a little time consuming ( more than I would really like), these dumplings are so worth it. Wayyyyyyyy better than the frozen ones I usually resort to when I crave dumplings.

I started with 2 lbs. of ground up pork and added in nappa cabbage, shitake mushrooms, ginger, garlic and scallions. For seasoning, I just used some cornstarch, ground pepper, sesame oil and soy sauce. After mixing everything together, I usually cook a little bit of the filling in the microwave so I taste test it.

After making all the dumplings, I love pan frying them. I like the crunchy texture of it more so than boiled dumplings.



Here they are getting happy in the pan.



Ready to go!



Final product =)

No comments:

Post a Comment